Commercial and Residential Roofing
Roofing service requirements normally vary according to the type of roof to be serviced, and roof types vary according to the kind of building on which they are installed. If your building is commercial, its roof type and structure may differ from that of a residential building, and therefore may need a slightly different servicing approach. To have a perspective of how this works, here are some of the common differences between commercial and residential roofing systems that you should know about.
- Residential roofing systems tend to be steeper than commercial roofs. Reason: commercial buildings are usually taller with multiple floor levels, and having a flat roof allows for easier maintenance.
- Commercial roofing systems are much larger compared to residential roofs. Reason: commercial spaces are designed to handle more people and heavier traffic than residential spaces so they tend to be wider.
- Residential roofs require smaller openings for vents and chimneys. Reason: with large accommodation comes large energy consumption, and therefore plumbing systems for commercial buildings come with larger components, too.
- Most commercial roofs are designed to accommodate outdoor air conditioner units. Reason: Unlike detached homes, most commercial facilities don’t have the luxury of space to lodge gigantic compressors, so their rooftops are utilized for that purpose instead.
With this information, we can conclude a few things that can help you make the right choices when it comes to your commercial and residential roofing systems.
- Due to the difference in structure between a commercial roof and a residential roof, some types of roofing materials cannot be used for both of them. Consequently, your choice of material depends primarily on the type of roof your building has.
- Roof installation heavily depends on the roof’s architectural requirement as well as your preferred type of material.
- Commercial roofing services tend to be costlier than residential roofing services, considering that it’s larger and more functional.
- You need to be careful when choosing a roofing contractor for your commercial and residential roof installation, repair, and maintenance since most of them specialise in only a single roof type.
The Need for a Commercial and Residential Roofing Company
Ever since new roofing technologies arrived in New Zealand, the roofing industry has not seen significant decline. In fact, it’s continuing to flourish, and with it comes the ever increasing number of roofing companies across Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington, and other major cities. That’s why it has also become difficult to find a competent provider of commercial and residential roofing services. If you’re not careful, you may land an inexperienced contractor and spend more money than you should.
One aspect to look at when assessing the capability of a certain roofing company is the scope of its services. If they claim to specialise in only residential or commercial roofing, let alone select roofing materials, odds are they may be a neophyte in the business and therefore cannot handle complicated tasks. This is why it’s crucial that you look for a roofing contractor that has a team of commercial and residential roofing experts.
When you hire The Roof Company, you can rest assured that we can deal with any roofing issue thrown at us. With decades of combined professional experience, our workmanship is unmatched in the business. The roofs that you see on many houses around the city that are still in good shape after many years are proof of that. So when you need roof survey, repair, or replacement services, don’t hesitate to contact us. Fill out the form below to get in touch with one of our representatives.